View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #27
pbadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlapinski View Post
Very good video from the Surfcaster's Journal on the concept guide layout. Lou's way of setting up the reduction guides is way easier than my method of laying the rod ont he floor and finding a straight edge long enough to work.

Thats how I've been doing it. I kinda figured it out on my own. I thought it was a good way but never talked to anyone if there was a better way. Now I feel that I'm in the ballpark. The part that's tuff though is buying a mess of guides for a rod. Once I did a few I keep a few intermediate guides high frames on hand besides the 12,16 20, 25, 30, 40 VLG's. He didn't mention the one point I do is after the guides are tape on in their locale. I do a bullseye site test. Thats when the guide fitting gets crazy swapping to find that look!! On the location of the stripper with the NCG set up, the guide is in the 26-32" locale from the spool face. This really puts the strength of the butt to good use. Not like the old 50MM @ 36" with all that rod w/o a load bearing guide.
Thsi year I built 2-Seeker 1008, 1201M & 1081M. Just finished the under wraps on the last Seeker. For me I built a 8' Allstar schoolie rod from a SW blank with the concept set up w/ single foots. Super light and responsive. Hope to get out and battle some schoolies soon with it.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote