View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Restore the Bush tax cuts and cut spending to balance the budget. I can do it. No one will be happy.
Lots and lots and lots of people would be happy. Everyone killing themselves to make ends meet would be happy. Freeloaders wouldn't be happy. Those abusing the system wouldn't be happy.

I don't believe we have to make masive cuts, I just think we have to eliminate the stupidity. Consider a local example. I have said this before, and I'll say it again. Public unionized employees have absolutely no right collecting pensions while the rest of us live with 401(k)s. Here in CT, a whole lot of state and local debt would go away if we demanded that public servents be compensated in a way that doesn't dwarf what's available to those they claim to serve. Cops retiring at age 45 with masive pensions? We simply cannot have that anymore.

I believe those cuts would do it. But the liberals won't go against their constituency.

the other problem with hitting filers that make over $250k is that a lot of small businesses file that way. This is no time to increase taxes on small businesses, but liberals think that's free money to them.