View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hi Dad! Dodging the main issue as usual, I see!!

Obama personally demonized Paul Ryan, and that's a fact. I pointed that out, and your response is that I shuoldn't go after Obama like that, because no one was allowed to go aftr Bush like that?
No, you Totally missed my point (Yet Again) and that wasn't even close to my response. I had no problem w/ you stating what you did.

My problem is why were other people crucified and called unamerican for saying derogatory things about one president but it is A-OK to do it about another. I'm just looking for consistency, that's all...is that to much to ask

Quote:
First of all, my criticism of Obama is based on what he just did this week. If my interpretation of what Obama did is incorrect, please tell me why. I'm reasonable, and willing to listen. Bit Obama said that Ryan wants to "pit kids with Down's Syndrome against the billionaires of our society". Since Ryan's plan obviously doesn't do that, I have serious issues with Obama demonizing Ryan that way.
Absolutely nothing wrong with you having issues w/ this.....Thats what this board is for

Quote:
Second, Dad, you're saying that the personal attacks against Bush were widely denounced because of a call for civility? Please enlighten me, Dad...when liberals were comparing Bush to Hitler, calling him a war criminal, from where did the calls for "respect" come from? Who are the people you are referring to? In my opinion, it's liberal apologists like you who (1) mercilessly attacked Bush, and who (2) don't want anyone attacking Obama, that want it both ways.
1st I thought that was a ridiculous, stupid comparison.

2nd The calls for respect came from members here in the past....saying we shouldn't be dissing the President because, well, he's the president......just wondering why this doesn't count the other way...that's all.....again, just looking for a little consistency.

...and once again, because I didn't kiss somebodies Self-Annointed Red,White, and Blue A$$......I'm a Liberal...love it....the great comeback on this board....never gets old

Quote:
Finally, Dad, instead of analyzing every single post of mine for hypertechnical errors, can you, just once, JUST THIS ONE TIME, respond to the point I made? And that is this...why does Obama demonize Ryan personally, instead of responding to the merits (or lack thereof) of Ryan's proposal?
Because thats how he operates....does that make you feel better now. Its not a secret....do you just need people to agree with you. I never said I was an Obama Fan....but everybody like to assume it as I go forward with my quest for consistency

Quote:
You are extremely tiresome...you never, ever respond to the points being raised, presumably because you know that you cannot. You didn't want to comment on how disgusting Obama's attack on Ryan was, so instead, you call me a hypocrite for pointing it out? Ever hear of the term "intellectual cowardice"? That's how you usually respond to my posts here.
A- I can't comment on it because I didn't see it yet.
B- I never called you a hypocrit....where above did I call YOU a hypocrit
C- and again with the Coward card....Gee, didn't see that comin
D- As far as Tiresome....thats the Pot calling the Kettle Black right there....you do know there is an Ignore function you can use if I bother you so much...god knows my mouse pointer is hovering over it right now.

Quote:
This is too funny to be fiction. As a state senator in Illinois, Obama literally supported a Mom's right to kill her baby AFTER it was born (see the Born Alive Infants Protection Act). But Obama gets to demonize Paul Ryan by saying that Ryan wants children to die to make rich folks richer? That's great. A guy who quite literally supported infanticide gets to falsely accuse someone else of being that monstrous.
Thats typical Political Hypocrisy at work....again, where above did I say anything supporting this above.....or even in the past.

Quote:
Maybe Ryan should support infanticide. After all, Obama did, and lots of people voted for him. I guess infanticide doesn't violate any of the liberal agenda...
What I gotta know is how the hell did you come up with all this from what I posted above...seriously....thats a stretch from what I said

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."