View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #38
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I paid >$4.00 for 87 octane at the pump today in CT.

Our country is sitting on untold jillions of gallons of crude (Alaska, the Dakotas, the Gulf).
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm sure you get plenty of those emails targeting fruitcakes..... probably originated by JWB...you and Bryan mentioned the Dakotas...did anyone else? maybe you are both getting ridiculous emails from the same source
The "fruitcakes" that were targeted were potential McCain voters. You used that word, not me. I didn't get the email. Who knows, maybe Jorge himself wrote it. Please forgive me if I ignore you from now on ScottW since I have never seen you add anything worthwhile to a discussion. Everyone else is able to do that, even if I don't agree with what they say, the other members are at least worth listening to.

I think it is valid to ask Scott in CT where his info came from, particularly since I would like what he says to be true. The info I get from the person I know who's job was to find oil from exxon (and as a side note is very conservative), plus what I read from economists, says that our oil supply will not change prices based on the quantities of oil and the idiosyncrasies of the global market. Maybe socialized oil production would have an effect for a limited time, but I have not heard anyone suggest that route.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.