View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I love it, Obama will because of coercion and illegal voting

While the Administration has done at times a poor job of managing the debate, the reality is he's really pretty pragmatic and not the radical promoted by the Right Wing. I think a lot of the middle gets this...

The GOP could certainly unseat him, assuming the economy starts to trend negative at the wrong time and a reasonable candidate emerges who doesn't make any big mistakes.

But even with economic growth tepid, the Dow is hovering under 13,000 and despite an incredibly challenging foreign policy environment the sky isn't falling. The incumbent has the upper hand here...

-spence

"While the Administration has done at times a poor job of managing the debate"

That's priceless. So when Americans reject what he's proposing (like civilian trials for terrorists), it isn't that Obama's ideas are stupid, it's that we don't grasp the brilliance of his ideas. One can only disagree with him if one misunderstands him, is that about right?

Do you have any idea how arrogant that is?

"not the radical promoted by the Right Wing."

He has added more to the debt than all 43 preceding presidents combined. And he wants to cut NOTHING. That's not radical?

"The incumbent has the upper hand here..."

I agree, if the economy remains stable (though broken in my opinion) he probbaly gets re-elected. But the GOP takes the Senate with a few seats to spare...

Spence, how do you explain the results of the 2010 elections? Let's not forget the drubbing that the Dems took a couple months ago, and that election was a referendum on the way the Democrats are handling the economy, that's all it was,,,