Thread: JohnnyD
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
WTF? If they have enough dough to buy drugs, why should the public pay for their groceries, clothes and medical bills?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
maybe they grow their own pot.

then they have the skill to be assigned to tend the public parks.
I was just talking to the misses about this. She worked at Brattleboro Retreat in VT during one of her medical rotations. It's one of those live-in mental health properties.

She did an entrance medical exam on every new patient. She'd ask every single unemployed addict "medically disabled" person that was hooked on heroin, pills or alcohol how they could afford to get their drugs. The typical response???

"Oh, I use my government stipend for them."

People are complaining that this is an invasion of privacy. My opinion? If you don't want to pee in a cup, get an effing job or go hungry. Most people that actually have government jobs have to submit to drug tests - and they're actually employed. Why the hell shouldn't people that want something for free be forced to piss in a cup too?

In the end, if you don't want to take the test, then get off the government dole. Why the hell are we helping these people continue to be lazy pieces of crap that will never contribute to society?