Thread: obamacare
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #33
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess you'll agree to higher state taxes, right?

YES ! One that I can vote on and benefit my community! Thats how our government was structured!

So your being sent to private school didn't give you an advantage? Your having 2 parents didn't give you an advantage over someone in the foster care system?

Paul -its the angle you view things..."being sent" was not some lottery I won, it was the sacrifice and determination of my parents that "sent" me to school. The question I ask you is what advantage did my parents have? My parents were from disfunctional, alcoholic, divorced, low income families. High School degrees. I've told this story a million times on this website - I remember Thanksgiving and Christmas with my Dad (who worked nights most of my childhood) and he would leave to go into work on Christmas and T day at night and he would tell me he would get triple time for going in and he just couldnt turn down the money. But as a Dad he and I fished all over, camping in upstate new york, RI , family vacations on the beach, weekend trips . he was a fantastic guy and the best father ever. He never, not once, went out with the guys nad had a few beers, never went to a ball game, all free time was spent with his family. Now you - you believe guys who slack at work take the easy way out, spend the pay on drinks and cigarettes, never try to better themselves - you think they deserve handouts while my dad got NONE? BS. You called it" where with all" I call it accountability and responsibilty.

And now I agree with Hitler, Mao and Stalin - At least I got another good laugh from you today.
Look at what you said -

"You and your family had the where with all to pull yourselves up - many people don't."

you clearly believe that some people cant do things on there own (I'll give you health/mentail problems)
But my family could which implies superiority. you believe some people can make it and others need help. The baseline belief in dictators and tyrants is that they are superior and need to help (aka inflict their beliefs) on the masses.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all