Thread: obamacare
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #60
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Might want to check your numbers there mr. elightened. Sometimes people aren't as smart as they think, others may not be as clueless as you think. The population today is much larger, but all things equal, less welfare today than the 70's, 80's or 90's. Just as I thought, you throw crap around without knowing what you are talking about. I understand you get upset if someone has a different view of things than you, but you might benefit from actually looking at the numbers rather than going on your "feelings"

Graph shows monthly benefits in 2006 dollars.
And there you have it. The childish, uninformed response I was waiting for. You pick and choose your statistics to suit your weak argument. I'm not sure why you use only welfare statistics when I never mentioned welfare? I guess it's because it was the only graph you could find that worked for you? Since the 1970's there have been more and more government assistance programs introduced. Some of these programs got people off welfare and into a new or different assistance program. You need to take a broader, more informed look at things before popping off.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio