Old 07-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #48
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I really cant believe you said that.
Why?

Quote:
Oh and by the way......
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Unemployment rates rose last month in more than half of the nation's largest metro areas, driven higher by weak private-sector hiring and natural disasters.

The unemployment rate increased in 210 metro areas in May, the Labor Department said Wednesday. It fell in 131 cities and remained unchanged in 37. That's a sharp reversal from April, when unemployment rates dropped in more than 90 percent of metro areas.

Nationwide, the unemployment rate ticked up in May to 9.1 percent and employers added just 54,000 net jobs. Employers added an average of 220,000 jobs per month in the previous three months.
The unemployment rate isn't going to drop dramatically until we can create new growth industries.

Case in point. One manufacturing sub-segment (in aerospace) that I deal with is seeing a big increase in business right here in New England. Rather than add staff (i.e. burden) to meet increased demand, they're looking to apply technology to improve the productivity of the existing workforce.

So the unemployment rate stays the same, but the aerospace supplier and my company both benefit.

There's a reason to DOW is nearly 12,600 on Friday not even two years after a massive recession. But no, you just want to claim Obama is a failure.

If we could only get this government off our back...oy vey.

-spence