View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #54
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Without an understanding of why we have the current deficits we do how can you judge who's better suited to set future policy? The argument isn't that the current deficits are a good thing.

The "argument"...or original statement by you was

Originally Posted by spence
1) According to the CBO the Stimulus has had a large beneficial impact and by the reckoning of many may have averted a much bigger economic meltdown. People will debate this forever.
and has morphed into..................
Originally Posted by spence

That McCain would have had a massive (i.e. 1T++) 2009 budget deficit is neither speculation or conjecture. Look at the numbers.

one has nothing to do with the other and the second is irrelevent while the first is completely ridiculous....."reckoning of many"?..."may have averted"??..."large beneficial impact"???????....talk about speculation and conjecture

I never said we shouldn't have a strong military, rather that that entitlement has been distorted. by spence

ENTITLEMENT???....there's plenty of "distorted entitlement" to talk about without lumping the military in

by spence
I'm not sure that's really practical, for instance with environmental issues especially you have waterways and air that's shared across the entire country. Should Alabama eliminate clean air standards to attract coal fired power companies then let their methyl mercury blow over to Georgia?

by spence
The context here isn't about progressive taxation but rather the impact corporate tax rates have on where companies do business.

the "context" is higher taxes...see next

Rather than regulation and taxation I see unpredictability as a bigger disincentive to investment right now. Would a government free private sector provide a more predictable environment? Now that would certainly be conjecture...

-spence
the "unpredictability" and disincentive to invest right now is over the uncertainty regarding future regulation and taxation and government policy and unsustainable debt

Last edited by scottw; 07-04-2011 at 05:58 AM..