View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #18
saltfly

My story;Bought a house in Orleans 6 yrs ago.The basement is poured concrete[25x25'].The basement was like a tropical rain forest.An elderly couple lived there and never went into the basement at all.1st thing done was place a framed in stormdoor to the bulkhead entrance.Ran a dehumidifier to the sump hole for 6 weeks.i did two coats of white drylok on the walls[applied with a brush not a roller].I run the dehumidifier at 52 on auto. most of the year.this IS my CAVE where all sorts of stuff is done and stored.I have 100s of bucktails,tying feather capes,deerhair hanging on slatboard mounted on the wall,rod building threads,stereo,old record albums,baseball memorobelia,etc.It's very dry and comfortable.In fact the Grump was over couple of weeks ago HOing some feathers for plugs.Also he built a rod bench for me 16yrs ago and it's one of the ones in the cellar no warping of any wood items.I'd post pictures but I'm not that savvy on the "magic box".You're welcome to come over and see for youself.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote