Thread: GOP Debate
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If Gingrich gave that speech, he would have outlined a specific plan to get us out of this (with SPECIFIC DETAILS), and the market would have gone up 500 points. Obama's life experience has been academic, theoretical discussions. Gingrich spends his time figuring out specifically, what solutions work, and which do not.
This is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read, and I'm including the entire body of ScottW (as one big inane thought) in that remark.

So Newt speaks and the market instantly reverses course. I think you forgot the part about him farting perfume, dancing on water and fixing the roads in Rhode Island.

Quote:
The red states are adding jobs. The blue states are bleeding jobs and will soon face bankruptcy.
You should take the Blue counties out of your Red states and then see how they're doing.

Even better, why don't you correlate the job growth to federal funding...you do know that the Red states consume much more Federal tax dollars per capita don't you? Perhaps if the Red states are so successful they should stop taking funds so the Blue states can balance their books.

Have you factored in geography to your analysis?

It might explain why MI is still s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g wind while TX is booming. A few years ago an IT Director at an oil equipment company remarked to me "the only way I see to optimize our business any further would be to just print money directly."

Didn't Texas raise taxes some years ago to invest in education? Perhaps they're reaping the rewards of that action.

Quote:
When I say liberalism is a disaster, I DO NOT say that because that's what I'm rooting for. I say that because when you look at the current (or historical) economic landscape with an open mind, there simply is no other conclusion.
That's because you came to your own conclusion before the question was even raised.

You know...for someone who professes his love for facts, we sure don't see you around them very often. Kind of like this geek I knew in grade school who always talked his hot girlfriend, that went to another school...

-spence

Last edited by spence; 08-12-2011 at 03:34 PM..