View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
FishermanTim

Part of the problem, and probably the major part, is the fact that there really isn't anything to deter these social waste products from doing these kinds of things.
Sure, we have laws, but laws without a spine! When you have police forces cut to the bare minimum, lawyers and judges that are willing to plea at the drop of a hat, and drop charges in lieu of a pending golf game, what do you expect?
Then you have "entertainment" that glamorizes acts of violence on a consistent basis, video games that ALL involve guns and killing in some form, and kids' minds that are being constantly shocked or bombarded with negative stimuli. I sure hope that you aren't expecting another Einstein from that environment. You'd be better off just hoping he/she doesn't become another sociopathic mass-murderer!

I know this sounds harsh, but what the heck.
No more coddling these idiots in the legal system, no more even "thinking" about whether or not they should be tried as an adult.
If you pick up a gun, you are intending to use it! You ARE AN ADULT and the police should not show ANY restraint if you resist in any way!
Maybe if the old addage "Shoot first, ask questions later!" were used by law enforcement, maybe things might change?

Who am I kidding? If you pull a gun on anyone in the commission of a crime, I say shoot on sight!
Defense of life/domicile would be the only real exception.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote