View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #19
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dozenraw View Post
I have an AllStar 1208 with 6" cut from the butt and a Rainshadow SU1088 with 6" added to the but... Afterhours and Ditch Jigger built rods. I just shook both of them side by side. The AllStar is a tiny bit heavier than the Rainshadow and not quite as stiff, bends further down toward the butt. The Rainshadow is stiffer by a tiny bit and faster tip by just a tad... at least that's my read. Now whether one can compare the two 1088 lengthened to 1208 shortened and come to any conclusions that would hold for the 1088-1088 comparison. I can't say. But that's what I own so I figured I'd post. If it helps... good. Bioth are definitely not sticks I'd be using for bombers. Not sure how well they'd do for sluggos... have to be pretty healthy sluggos I'd think.

I also have an SW1088 Rainshadow and it is a much lighter stick with far less power and much faster action than the AllStar or SU1088.
I don't think that Ditch Jigger built that rod, or even sold it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan560 View Post
Thanks for the replies and information folks.
Nebe- thought the 1213M was a chunking rod? I like the idea of having a fiberglass rod on the jetty however would be a little more durable.. That's another reason I was looking into the allstar 1088, supposed to be a tough blank..

Mike P- are you looking to part with the 1088 you have? Are you anywhere near ri, or ct? Also is there a way to tell the difference between the 2 blanks from what I can comprehend the SU and allstar are near identical..

Bart- in your opinion did the allstar 1088 have good sensitivity when throwing the rigged sluggos?

Thanks
I could be persuaded to part with it. It's very lightly fished, almost brand new. But, I'm at the Cape. Canal area. Mike CC built the rod and sold me the blank, so he might be able to tell you whether it's an All Star or Rainshadow, as it's very difficult to tell---they're practically identical, and reportedly were designed by the same guy, who joined up with Rainshadow after he left All Star. What I can say for sure is that IF it's a Rainshadow, it was one from when they were still made in the US, not China.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote