View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #35
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
I get it doesn't fit your situation ross, just surprised no one else had anything positive to say about it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think what is trying to be conveyed ( maybe not sucessfully in my case) is that it is not the golden goose some people make it out to be...it's like any buisness adventure... there are up sides and down sides.. for people with seasonal buisness.. it is a way to pay the bills when there is no cash flow.. land scapers bring the perfect scenario... they are used to maintaining their own equipment and have the time to repair and maintian between storms... they also usualy have an established clientel... but for someone to go out, buy a truck and find new customers is taking a big risk... especialy since those dependable customers already have a chosen plow company... the ones ( obviously not all) looking for some one in a pinch may not be all that reliable... i plowed snow for over 20 years.. and in the end i made money... it wasn't fun... it was hard work.. i even lost money some seasons.. some season I made enough to up grade equipment... as i said earlier.. it's just a buisness adventure.. not a get rich scheme.. not that Ross was looking for that.. i understand he was looking for a suppliment....he asked for advise.. I'm giving an honest answer... from someone that has more than a season or two of experience...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote