View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Not sure what your point is Dad. I don't desire grave harm to Obama, I just think that if he acts like a jerk, it's OK to call him a jerk, and I can still get holy communion this Sunday.

The point of my post is that I don't get why Obama has a reputation for being such a sweetheart, when he constantly throws cheap shots at conservatives who are not in a position to respond. He's a dirty cheap shot artist, he does it al the time.

If you want to turn this into a referendum on my standing in the Catholic church, well I don't see why you'd want to do that, but I'm fine with it. I am a Eucharistic minister in my parish, and am a Catholic in very good standing. I'm far from perfect, but I do not claim to be anything other than the flawed Catholic that I am. I'm a combat vet, I've done things that a liberal would think are much worse than calling Obama a jerk...but none of that puts me outside the bounds of Catholicism.

"respect for the dignity of persons and peoples"

Tell that to Obama. I don't need to hear that, but he does...he's the one who said "I have no idea what happened, but the Cambridge police acted stupidly". When I call him a jerk, it's based on a whole lot of actual, irrefutable evidence.
I guess its all just up to interpretation then....I just see it differently than you do, that's all.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."