View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #52
Chunkah

Glad I found this thread!

Good season so far with Newcastle being the obvious surprise. It's great to see them doing well after relegation a few years ago.

I think City or ManU will probably win the title, although it is hard to count out Chelsea. I think Arsenal has actually been a surprise so far, and like somebody pointed out already, Van Persie just won't stay healthy and the fact that he won't discuss a contract with the team until after the season shows his teammates that he is probably ready to move on. They're also a team with definite depth issues. Tottenham will finish 5th or 6th.

Liverpool is my team and I'm not sure they'll finish in the top four. Suarez is brilliant but for strikers it really ends there. Carroll was a waste of money, and given the ownership of the team, I figure there is a good chance he'll be gone by the start of next season. If they can make a move for a proven striker in the January window (David Villa?) Carroll might be gone then. Mereiles was a loss as the midfield really lacks creativity; the biggest mistake Liverpool have made in recent memory is getting rid of Xabi Alonso. I wish Daglish would play Maxi Rodriguez as he showed some promise the end of last season. Gerrard is always hurt. Central defense is weak as well. I'm hoping that they play some summer friendlies here in the next few years....Liverpool FC at Fenway would be pretty cool.

Chunkah is offline   Reply With Quote