View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"the Republican efforts to maintain authority and destroy Clinton and Obama really has no equal"

Sorry, remember Sarah Palin? Libs weren't out to destroy her? MSNBC is STILL obsessed with her, and she isn't even running for anything.
She's still quite influential in the GOP though...as odd as it may seem.

As for efforts to discredit her, these were a response to an open invitation. Her VP nod was a trick play and she was obviously not ready for the job, if she ever would be...although she's making a hell of a lot of money just hanging out there

Quote:
"From everything I've read he's completely engaged and works his ass off."

Spence, let me get this right. If you "read" that Bush was awesome, obviously you would dispute it. But when you read that Obama works his butt off, that's good enough for you, it must be true?

Just trying to clarify.
I think Bush was a disengaged President. He thought of himself as the "decider" and wanted to make a mark but really didn't want to own the decision making process. In all I think he's a decent guy who just gave up too much authority to those around him. The proof here is in the pudding.

Obama by contrast appears to put a lot more mental energy into the job. I don't think he has a bad attitude or hates America. If anything he's insulated himself too much from inside the beltway jabber and hasn't worked to control the debate. This has hindered his effectiveness.

There are limitations to both styles.

-spence