View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #22
Mr. Sandman

That's rough. Coffee would be a tough one for me to give up. I drink a lot of it pretty much all day. I drink less in the late afternoon and evening but occasionally I like a cup then as well. In the morning it is the first thing I go to. I would have a withdrawal headache by 11:00am if I did not have a cup.

I found this thread by doing a search on coffee. I was looking for a post about coffee makers on boats. Last year I put a small one-cup-at-a-time Keurig coffee maker on-board. Did not know if it would work out or not then as it would have to be run off of the inverter when away from the dock. It works great. I love that little machine. That has got to be the biggest poor-mans luxury item going on a boat. To make a cup of fresh brewed hot coffee in the middle of the day while fishing on a boat is fantastic.
My brother came out fishing with me one day this fall. It was cold and windy. Fishing was slow, we decided to move to another location. I asked him...you want a cup of coffee? He said sure! I take out the machine and in a couple minutes hand him a steaming hot cup of Paul Newman's extra Bold in an insulated cup...He looked at me and said."making coffee while underway???....That is awesome"
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote