View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1) corporate profits are at an all time high. Spence, first of all, I thought liberals would think that's a BAD thing? Second of all, look at the chart in the link you provided. If corporate profits had been droppping for 20 years before Obama got in, and then he turned things around, that's one thing. But Spence, look at the chart. The upward trend in corporate profits has been steady for 50 years. TELL ME WHAT OBAMA DID, SPECIFICALLY, to help increase profits, or admit that it just happened on his watch.
Many economists believe the Stimulus package saved the economy from sliding into a depression. If that had happened corporate profits would not have recovered like they have.

As part of this Obama has kept taxes on the middle class down to encourage demand.

Quote:
(2) the market has grown gaster than ever in hostory
Again, I could have sworn that liberals would think that's bad, as it only increases the wealth gap between rich and poor, it keeps poor people down, or some other such Bolshevik nonsense. Second, the sharp increase is largely due to the horrible crash that happened right before he got sworn in (and guess which party controlled the legislature for 2 years leading up to that crash?). Third, again, what has Obama done to help Wall Street? All he does is demonize Wall Street!
You're missing the point. The dramatic increase in corporate profits is matched by the widening wealth gap. As much as wealth is being created at the top it's also being sucked from the middle.

What we've witnessed is that this isn't sustainable and has resulted in increased debt and financial instability.

As a lover of facts I'd think you would have appreciated those. I put them in BOLD so you'd notice.

Quote:
Spence, annswer my questions, or please go outside and play so the adults can talk.
Okkkkay

-spence