View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
you're entire premise is fundamentally invalid. -spence
Our premise is that $62 trillion debt can never be paid off in our lifetime. Do you disagree?

And if we can't pay it off in our lifetime, that means we have 2 choices. We either (1) make cuts to reduce that hole, or (2) we do nothing and leaved it ti future generations to worry about.

Irrefutably, conservatives want to make the difficult, but necessary, cuts. Liberals want to punt. Go ahead Spence, you tell me where I'm wrong please.

I hate the idea of having to cut these programs. If we could raise $62 trillion without destroying everything, I'd be all for it. But we can't raise that much $$, and it's not fair to leave this problem for our grandkids. But that's precisely, exactly what this coward Obama wants to do. He's been voting "present" his whole life, and he's doing it again.

Spence, I'm almost done making my pile, I have most of my nest egg free and clear. When the house of cards collapses, I'll have a nice nest-egg with taxes already paid. I'll be out of the IRS' reach. When the IRS comes to you and tells you "sorry, you're now in the 85% income tax bracket", you remember Obama, and remember to thank him.