View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sounds like we're positioning to close a peace deal. Biden is drawing a line, we're only there to kill Taliban when they harbor terrorists that may hurt US interests...not eliminate them regardless.

The flip side is endless war.

-spence
First of all, let me say, Spence, that I'm SHOCKED that your reaction is to bend over backwards to defend Biden.

"Sounds like we're positioning to close a peace deal."

That's idiotic for 2 reasons. First of all, regardless of what that statement "sounds like" to you, yuo are assigning benign intentions when you cannot know what Biden meant. Spence, are you this forgiving when conservatives say stupid things? When Palin puts her foot in her mouth, was your initial reaction "hold on, here's what this sounds like to me...", or was your first reaction to insult her?

Second, while we are negotiating an end to our involvement, that negotiation does not involve the Taliban, we are working with the Afghan govenrment, which (no thanks to you) is no longer the Taliban. As of today, as of right now, we are in a declared war with the Taliban. That means they are the "enemy".

You literally have no shame.