View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #35
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Ok fishbones I found them, I will respond first by stating this is a discussion not an argument so there are no flaws just different issues that are being twisted together.
I don't know how many injuries or death occur each year but to me public funding should not be used for school sports. Perhaps the professional sport organizations should provide the funding to cover all school sports seeing as they are the ones who benefit most.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ed, I said your argument was flawed because you gave reasons such as kids feeling inferior, injuries and deaths for not having school sponsored sports programs. But at the same time you said that they should be privatized. If they're that bad for kids, there should be no sports allowed anywhere.

And now that I see your real reason for not liking school sports, I realize you aren't going to change your mind. You had a traumatic experience in HS and blame it on the coach and sports program. It's a shame that you couldn't change the perception people had of you over the next couple years in school and move on. I agree about seeking counseling. This is something you should have gotten past years ago and to let it still bother you this much isn't good for your well-being.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio