View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #49
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I'll bet most of them played competitive sports when they were in school.

Report: Eight percent of scholarship players have criminal records | CollegeFootballTalk

NFL commentary: Dealing with criminal behavior by pro football players - by Denver Washington - Helium

I'm sure you folks who are avid sports fans can think of many pro's that aren't good characters. If it builds such good character why even have drug testing for atheletes???
Why have drug testing for Home Depot employees? Do you ever look in the police log in the local paper? Do you think that the majority of criminals played HS sports and that's why they turned to crime?

And saying "I bet those fans played sports" is lame and a cop out. I could just as easily say I bet many of those NFL players who commit crimes went to church as kids. That must be why they turned out the way they did.

I just don't get why you have to beat this dead horse. We get it, you were embarrassed by a coach and had your feelings hurt by some of your teamates, but by and large, most HS sports programs are well run and benefits the kids and by extension the parents.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio