Thread: Guide spacing
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #13
striper774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
No doubt you can make long casting rods using LC's. However other guides enable long casting and long casting is not the only factor. The other advantage of the LC's is their tangle free frame design. Many rods built before the KW's came out were built using LC's for that feature alone. Now that the KW's also have the tangle free frames , that advantage of LC's is no longer unique.

IMO if fuji comes out with a high framed 20 KW (as high as the HV 20 was) , there would never be a need to use LC's again. Just my opinion. I don't have the time to look up the data on the Japanese Fuji site right now but I have in the past. Many LC guides weigh twice as much as a normal frame style guide and some weigh three times as much. In addition to that , I do not like the long legs close to the tip. Some will argue the long legs allow the frames to flex with the rod better. I don't think that happens with the typical striper rod. I think with the tipical tip thickness and taper of striper rods, the long legs splint the blank creating high stress spots. Now I have gotten into some real knock down drag out arguments about this on the internet in the past so obviously some people strongly believe differently. That's what keeps these rodbuilding forums hopping!
Talked to Rich from CTS yesterday and he said he has them in stock,high frame kw's.

Last edited by striper774; 01-19-2012 at 05:36 AM..
striper774 is offline   Reply With Quote