View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #137
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
well now I need to hear your technique and method. I have no problem making them just catching quality fish with them.
Paul my method is stupid easy! After reading zenos the art of Surfcasting with lures book I took a lot away from the darter chapter, it's a great read.

I use to fish my darters very fast and erratic, lots of twitches and steady to fast retrieve, never caught on them and had zero confidence on them. then after reading that chapter I changed my technique.

A slow steady retrieve similiar to how I fish a needle, then every 4th or 5th full crank I give the rod a short tap, with a open hand on the foregrip. then pause, then repeat. Works like crazy.

Fishngrega was my darter guru! This kid would outfish me 6 to 1 throwing darters while I was throwing redfins or needles, so I'd put on a darter but still nothing.

Wasn't til I watched him and read that chapter and put it to use that it clicked.

I feel like I missed out not fishing them more or earlier.

One spot has a very slow water moving over a bar, I throw past the bar so it's dug in, right after it washes over the sandbar it gets crushed or makes it a few feet in the wash.

My number one is a super strike plastic darter, doesn't dive deep enough when the surfs big but for the most part it's my first plug out
Of the bag if there's moving water.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

STORMR Pro Staff Member
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote