View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #38
Grapenuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish9 View Post
Good morning... almost afternoon Gents... I've got something special here this morning...( atleast I think it is)

yesterday.. as i dropped off my Ice fishing partner.. he invited me to see his basement he was remodeling... hidden on top of the rafters was a stash of plugs.... there were some Atoms ( 40's) and gibbs bottle plugs and trollers... but what caught my eye was this fella ( which he gave me...) it looks like a Nike.. but the external rigging throws me.. I dont know enough about the history to know for sure.. but here it is... it weighs 3.20 ounces... it is 6 1/2" long the head is 1 1/2"... the middle is 1 5/8".. the tail is 3/4.... the head of the plug is gaurded with a heavy metal plate held on by two screws, it terminates at the same level as the rigging.. it appears to be plated or possibly stainless.. regardless.. it is quality and very heavy.. the head above the plate is slightly cupped... the eyes are an intergal part of the plug, with wood removved around them to make them stand out, I originaly thought they were glass.. but on close inspection... they are definatly part of the plug... on the rigging it has a "U" shaped section that sits in a recees inthe tail.... the rigging is secured tow the body on either side of the hook and protrudes out through a hole drilled into the mouth a wher it is terminated with a split ring..anybody got a positive ID....
it's was made by P & K an called a lippy saltwater...mid 40's was about it's birth date...same family as the walkie- talkie.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote