Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #63
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
The argument that investment through the market warrants different rates than earned income is arguable.
yup, but it's an argument based on emotion rather than common sense..as you have just demonstrated...I've been self-employed for my entire adult life, I've never considered it to be a risk, let alone a HUGE RISK...just a choice...some good aspects and some not so good...you learn to survive when you are self-employed, I know a lot of self-employed people who are "surviving" right now, they're not collecting unemployment(and don't show up in the phony numbers) ....you continue to argue that what we need to do is take more from some as though that is the solution to our problem, we have never had a revenue problem, what we have is an expansion of the size and expense of government at all levels problem and overpromising that is unsustainable. You didn't answer my question in the other thread re. the spending under the various administrations....if you look more specifically at the the spending you will see that we are going broke funding things that were never mandated as a function of government by the Constitution...you ignored the role of Congress in the spending equation and the effect....you reflect the argument that we see from Democrats every day, which is to continue to rail against anyone that you can pick as a target as someone who should pay more with emotional rhetoric and lots of zeros...completely ignoring the unsustainable spending track that we are on as a nation....

Last edited by scottw; 02-08-2012 at 06:17 AM..