View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
pbadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Info I got

the original was 4 5/8" long, not 5". The wgt was 1/4" dia by 3/8" to 7/16" long put in 2 5/16" back from face of plug. I have also put in a squished flat 00 buckshot low on the body at same location, like BM did on his dannies. I use .062 wire. Can't imagine the very small difference in .047 to .062 is going to have too much ill effect on the plug. I use pine for material but have done some out of AYC if you want a little lower on surface swimmer. Plug should weigh in around 1 to 1.2 oz without hooks. Largest dia. of plug is 1.025 which is in the middle..rear end is .690 dia. front is .830 dia.

Lip is .830 wide, same dia. of the front of plug. Face of lip is .450 long and bottom part is .500 long. Slot is in middle of the .450. Lip is mounted on plug roughly a 1/32 below center. Hope this helps. Paul
Thanks kindly for the info. I'm doing the 5.125 length. I've done 3 different plugs with cedar and pine. The pine w/o hooks weighs in @ 31 grams. dia. .750 nose, 1.00 large dia & 9/16" tail. They wigle nicely but go under. I've sealed them for an hour by mistake and they gain 3-4 grams. I'm bleeding them as I type. Hope to drop some weight. The cedar swims great. weighs in 1.1oz w/2 1/0 hooks. I see if I made the dia. to your spec the larger diameter would allow the plugas is to swim up like it should. I reshaped the lefty 1 mid to .750, 1/2" lip length. PITA. Tried 7/8 A-lip, NG no action unless your burn in plug. Tested in saltwater to get the buoyancy. I keep you inform how I make out and on my decision.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote