View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Nice one, Palin

That $4.28 record under Bush doesn't count? Not that it was his fault, anymore than this is Obama's fault. But, you can't fix stupid.
I'm pretty sure I'm on record as saying that the president isn't the sole determining factor in oil prices although I just pointed out in that poll, he's absolutley held accountable by a majority of Americans as though he were....O is on record as desiring higher gas prices and energy prices in general, has pursued policies which push prices higher and has an Energy Secretary that publically yearned for 8-9 dollar gasoline...it's part of the agenda, if he'd pushed a little harder on some items we'd really be screwed right now... I don't think they care how they get there as long as they get there...his policies in their totality will force prices higher whether it's now or later...slow or fast....another president with a different agenda...not so much... which is why prices returned to reasonable levels under Bush....Obama inherited cheap gas too he has no intention of allowing it to return to reasonable levels...it's not in the agenda

the nastiness is spreading...."pent up anger"?

Financial Times...pretty funny

"In exchange for 48 hours of priceless photo opportunities, Mr Cameron offered to support the US if it released oil reserves to lower fuel prices, even if Britain thinks the move would be a largely futile short-term gesture."

Last edited by scottw; 03-15-2012 at 08:35 PM..