Thread: Trayvon
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #88
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I guess Trayvon must have been telling Zimmerman not to worry because he was just giving him a beating and not really trying to hurt him.
Missing the point completely. But, if I am going after a "punk kid in a hoodie" (not sure where you come off calling him that) with my 9mm on me, I better not be the kind of person who poops themselves if the kid comes back at me. That points to one of the cardinal rules of gun ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
My only point in posting the letter was to show a side (potentially, I have no idea if its true) the media is not showing of Z. I was asked if I would tend to believe the testimony of a police officer over a normal citizen and I said yes. I think on average, most cops are good people trying to do good things. I think most citizens suck
I think cops are citizens and like all realms of society, there are mostly good cops and a few bad. However, in this circumstance, I am suspicious that there may have been a tendency by some in the chain of command to hide behind the stand your ground law. Most citizens suck...interesting. That would make an interesting study, the correlation between opinions about citizens and political affiliations/tendencies.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.