View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #25
pbadad

Dave, I use Diamomd coat clear exclusively for sealing and clear coating my baseball bats. I searched for a hard durable 1 part finish and found this product. Spoke with the product manager on my use. I apply a thinned version of 10-20% with their Diamomd thinner. A few drawbacks which I have discussed with the company is the fact that you have to seal the container and have it free of air. If you store this clear coat and air is impregnated in the container the material will harden. @ $50.00 a quart plus shipping thats no good. I currently store my material in glass canning jars and use a vacuum sealer to draw air out. This is a PITA. Utilizing a drain off system will help especially for small amounts. On saltwater applications, 3 coats by dipping, spraying or brushing gives the best results. I done a few plugs but haven't changed to it completely do to the stroring process. I brush the stuff on with a foam brush for the bats. It comes out great. PS the smell is a killer. It's moisture cure. Dries quicklyw/o heat.I'll show you a bat I finished over the weekend.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote