View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
Piscator

I’m no expert but I did play Hockey through the collegiate level. This hit was not as bad a hit as you think, in my opinion. Stop it at the 9 second mark. The Tucker kid shot the puck and was hit in the same second (second 9). There is no clear head shot, he didn’t leave his feet. His arms come up after the hit. Also, if you look at it in slow motion the Tucker kids legs are bent prior to the hit and he is almost crouched down. High School or not it’s Hockey, not golf and part of the game is knowing where you are, where the other team is, and keeping your head up. You don’t go to court over a marginal hit, that is BS and that family should be ashamed of themselves. They are making a joke of the game. I bet that Tucker kids Dad never laced them up in his life.

Also, I’ve played many games in Canada and there were games that got completely out of control at the Bantam level (9th and 10th grade) because the Canadian refs on those games let it get away. One of the parents from North York Ontario spit on out Goalie as we were walking to the dressing room because we beat them. So the Canadian comment is not accurate in my opinion either. There are good refs in Massachusetts and bad ones, just like Canada. Same goes for parents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).JPG
Views:	253
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	51878   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).JPG
Views:	250
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	51879  

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote