View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #21
Mr. Sandman

As I said" legal issues aside", I don't know what his options are and no I would not be suing any one. I also think the player being hit was not protecting himself from him but it doesn't matter, if you put your self in a vulnerable position nowadays it is the responsibly of the player making contact to avoid high hits. The hit was high and it should have been a major penalty with suspension to be consistent with the current rules in HS hockey.

As I said, I in the last few years, they are coming down very hard on head hits or anything close to head hits and from from behind. It's not like the old days anymore. Heck there is now NO checking at all in youth hockey, none thru Bantam hockey in most leagues. I have witnessed extreme penalties for far less where the player being hit was not hurt and continued playing and the hit was a glancing blow...in this league. What I am saying is there extreme inconsistency among HS refs in this state. I know many calls are subjective, and I accept that but given the amount of attn head hits are getting you would think that when a kid gets knocked out like that...the rules should be very consistent.

Like it or not, the game is different now. Youth and HS hockey is not Hockey as we played it.

There is talk now of having a new hitting rule established which prevents any contact a certain distance near the boards. I don't know if this is going to fly but I keep hearing about it.

Time to go squidding...

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 05-01-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote