Thread: Trayvon / Media
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Putting words in our mouth again, huh... All liberals... huh?

I assume he is guilty of something because based on my interpretations Zimmerman put himself in a situation that culminated in him shooting an unarmed kid who Zimmerman thought was suspicious (But was not committing a crime). My take on this would be exactly the same if Zimmerman was white, black, Hispanic, Asian, liberal, republican, and if Trayvon was white, black, Hispanic, Asian, whatever! Ultimately it will be UP TO A JURY OF HIS PEERS to decide if he committed a crime or not. Either way, this is a tragedy for both sides.

I posted a link to a thread back to the Duke case where I (as a liberal) specifically decried what Jackson/Sharpton etc.. were doing in that case with race and guilt.

But then again, I'm a liberal, so you KNOW what we all think
My position is that liberals, as a group, convicted the Duke lacrosse players before many facts were in. Today, most liberals, as a group, are doing the same thing here. That's my position, and I stand by it. If you are getting worked up because I didn't qualify my statement with "most liberals", or "nearly all liberals", I'm sorry. If I say "liberals think this", or "liberals think that", I don't mean every single liberal with literally zero exceptions. I'm talking about the group.

I think you knew what I meant, but hopefully that clears it up.