View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Never mind... you apparently don't get the question. This thread is about a bs report that a kids health care costs doubled because of the health care law. You say moronic statements about me and Obama knowing more than the actuaries. Completely irrelevant to this thread. You post info that costs will be 11% higher than if the law hadn't passed. What the difference in coverage is with those increases is irrelevant, as I had no interest in discussing details of the law beyond whether it is legitimate and factual that a law that hasn't gone into full effect doubled a poor Christian boys health care costs. Even in your attempts to disprove your fantasy that I have said the law will decrease costs, you reinforce what I have said in my comments about the original post. The law didn't double his costs, even though the right is running that it did. Why do they have to lie and distort everything? Maybe I'll give you a try again after the summer. Later, Jim.
"This thread is about a bs report that a kids health care costs doubled because of the health care law"

I addressed that directly. One of the provisions in Obamacare is that there is a limit in the surcharge that insurance companies can levy on older and unhealthy people. When companies must charge less for old and sick people, that necessarily means that young and healthy people (like students) must pay more. Additionally, the college kid has mandatory higher limits on maximum benefits. That means his carrier must provide more benefit, which means he must pay more.

Obamacare mandated that the college kids get more coverage, and more significantly, Obamacare mandates that we reduce the discount that we give to young, healthy people.

Obamacare increases benefits, thus it drives up costs. My cat understands this by now. Obama himself is no longer claiming that Obamacare won't increase costs.

Either you are wrong, or everyone else is wrong, and the "everyone else" includes smart people who crunth these numbers for a living.

Good day.