View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Jim, when I said I might not agree w/your #s it was b/c I didn't review them that closely, nor could I tell you the amount of rev./expend/deficit, etc. The current level of spending is unsustainable but when the economy starts to pick up steam and unempl. goes down, expenditures could down and taxes will incr.

What if Warren, bought crack dens, fixed them up and sold them to families which helped stabilize the neighborhood?
"when the economy starts to pick up steam and unempl. goes down, expenditures could down and taxes will incr. "

Paul, we are $60 trillion underwater (at least). There are 300 million Americans. That works out to $200,000 apiece. Do some math. We could re-live the roaring twenties, and tax revenues will increase, but NOWHERE NEAR $60 trillion. We can never, ever tax our way out of this. Not even close.

What have the Dems proposed? Tax hikes that, even if they produce the expected revenue (a very big "if"), are utterly meaningless. The Dems refuse to have an honest conversation about this, because it's easier to paint Paul Ryan as the boogeyman. That's why I detest them.

Dems act like all we need to do is tweak tax rates on the zillionaires, and we'd be all set. If it were that easy, no one would be opposed to it. Paul Ryan's proposed budget calls for spending cuts (admittedly painful cuts) of trillions of dollars. What is the democrat proposal? Paul, I'm asking you, what is their proposal? Where is it, what is in it?

It's nowhere. They (including Obama) choose to put their hands over their ears, and call conservatives "mean" who are honest enough to admit the painful truth.

Liberals know what needs to be done, they know it, but they don't have the political will to do it. This will inevitably harm future generations. That's why I detest them.

"What if Warren, bought crack dens, fixed them up and sold them to families which helped stabilize the neighborhood?"

That would obviously be commendable. But when she (and like-minded liberals) attack rich people, i don't hear them allowing for the possibility that some of those rich folks do an awful lot of good.

Paul, liberals can't have it both ways. Liz Warren cannot tell me that rich liberals are noble, but I should be afraid of rich conservatives.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-06-2012 at 12:59 PM..