View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
stripermaineiac

I first tried flex coat an it held up ok but yellowed bad plus it didn't like some paints. Tried ultra gloss ,less yellowing but needed 2 coats . didn't like gettin beat on rocks.Cracked an pealed. Tried Aftcote an had no yellowing but needed 2 coats and had to handle for a bit an rotatin speed was cutial as it would gravitate to widest part of plug at wrong speed plus to longer to cure. plus it didn't like some metalic paints.holds up ok but fussy to work with. Etex seems to hold up good an is easier to work with. I really watch whats on my hands so as not to contaminate a plug with body oils or sweat.so far it's held up good but not bullet proof. Hook rash is a cost of using a plug but the etex stays bonded to a plug pretty good. Will chip an peal a bit when blues an rocks beat on it but all plugs get that even the hard plastics.Once in a blue moon I have a plug peal bad an thats probably from some stupid mistake I made from bein too tired an still keep coating plugs.so now when tired I go to drinkin beer. That helps keep the winter waist intact LOL. Hope this helps Ron
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote