View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Saltheart

Century Tip Tornado Light "Canal Casting machine"

This is a beast of a Canal rod. Its cut down to 10 feet 9 inches but do to the crankcase butt section there was no change to the action. It will cast 4 to 7 OZ farther than any other rod I know of at that length. Perfect for when the current is cranking and you need the heavier jigs to get down or for the minus tides when you want to get a big 4 OZ pencil popper out to the center. You could also use it as a long casting bait rod.

Its build conventional but the seat has no trigger. With the long cast guide layout you could easily use a spinning reel on it with no real lose of distance. i use a BG7000CL on it but often considered buying a big spool spinner like an emblem pro.

This is a high end autoclaved century blank. this is not like a stealth or Slingshot series Century. its one of the real casting beasts that Century first developed.

The blanks alone sell for $340 now. I want $250 for this finished rod which I built for myself. Its a plain black build but its all Fuji parts and a long cast guide layout.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote