View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
Saltheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
Sorry for my ignorance but your say its wraped conv. But it can be fished the way it sits now with a spinner? I was under the impression blanks were ment to bend 1 way and the guides needed to be layed out thusly.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No that's not correct. Any blank can be built spinner or conventional. This rod is optimized as a conventional but it just so happens that with no trigger on the reel seat and the layout that i used , it can be used as a spinner too.

Relative to the spine issue and twisting while fighting a fish , on spinners the spine is meaningless. On conventionals , there are many who do believe the spine location will cause twist while fighting a fish if its not aligned with the guides. I think this may have some merit but the twist do to guide pressure on the line is way , way higher than what the spine causes.

Now that said , this rod is spined to eliminate twist do to fish fighting as a conventional). As I said as a spinner that concept is meaningless so you are covered in both conventional or spinner applicatiuons.

now there is a school of thought that casting accuracy can be affected by psine. However casting accuracy will come whether the guides are aligned at 180 or 0 degrees to the spine. If its aligned at some odd angle it may throw the cast off a little but of course if your cast goes to far left the next cast you aim a little more right. this rod has the guides aligned on axis.

Just to clarify , i do often do decorative wraps. i charge extra though and many people want to go the economy route of all black with no art work. Almost all my rods are black and gold with crosswraps but this one I decided to build all black.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote