View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I find it refereshing ....and you should be grateful as it keeps your blood pressure down when he's not pushing all of your buttons....

love your passion Jim and you must have been great fun back when you were heavily armed
First, the die-hard liberals do not get my pressure up all that much. They are demonstrably wrong, and they can be frustrating, but in the end, all my money is in after-tax accounts and therefore cannot be touched when their liberal agenda collapses on top of us. When the apocalyose happens, I'll move my pile back into the stock market, and when it inevitably recovers, I'll have a nice gift to bequeath to my kids (as my way of apologizing for what our generation is currently doing to them). The way I see it, and I'm right, is that prepared people will all soon be presented with an astounding opportunity, similar to folks who were able to buy stocks in November 1929...they made a fortune.

So selfishly, I suppose I should be supporting the liberal agenda, because the inevitable results are going to help me and my family. But many won't be so lucky.

And I'm "better-armed" now. Back then, now matter how much gear and armor I had, I was plenty vulnerable. Today, in these political debates, it's impossible for me to lose, at least in terms of econmomics. My side may well lose this election, but that doesn't mean liberal economic policies are better solutions than conservative economic policies. I'm invulnerable here. Common sense, middle-school arithmetic, and actual reality (read: Europe, CT, MA, IL, CA) clearly show that tax-and-spend cannot work. It especially cannot work when huge numbers of baby-boomers are old, sick, and in need of trillions of dollars in medical care.

God help us, and may future generations somehow forgive us. Read the link that RIJIMMY provided, this is a leading Democrat who is saying we're in serious trouble. And all Obama does is tell us that I'm supposed to be afraid of Congressman Paul Ryan? That's Obama's idea of leadership?

I think I'll go put a few more bucks in my Roth IRA now...