View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
You own a business? If so, then you'll completely understand that what Uncle Scam calls "Effective Tax Rate" and the actual taxes that a business pays due to the multitude of required payments to Uncle Scam are extremely different - and typically not for the better, might I add. Shall I list them all out again?
This post, in a nutshell, demonstrates the dilemma we are in. If Zimmy's facts are correct as they were presented, it might be rational to conclude that the tax problem is overblown by conservatives. JohnnyD, who has owned businesses, explains why Zimmy's assumptions are flawed, and distort the conclusions.

If JohnnyD is correct, (having never owned a business I don't know firsthand, but I haven't seen any outrageous misrepresentations by him, ever) I'm curious to see Zimmy's reaction. Because in my experience, it's difficult, if not impossible, to have a rational conversation with a liberal about economics. Once they buy into the liberal economic agenda, they cannot be persuaded by common sense, not even by facts.

Assuming JohnnyD is correct, he has destroyed the premise of Zimmy's post.