Thread: Bachmann
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yeah, I'm not sure if that gets him put on the Zimmy, Pauls, Spence "ignore list" .......or if it gets him a lifetime membership in the Zimmy,PaulS, Spence private intellectual society....pretty funny either way
I would not put Spence in that group. I doubt if he has an ignore list. He genuinely seems to be interested in ideas, though I think he should widen his sources of information to get more of the balance he professes to desire. The really good thing about Spence is his willingness to debate ideas in a rational way. Sure, he has his moments of sarcasm (maybe more than I like, but that's just me), but for the most part he's not merely a flame thrower. I often am disappointed that he will suddenly drop out of a conversation when it seems, to me, that it is reaching a point of enlightenment. But, though he can be annoying (as I'm sure I am to him) in his persistently obstinate progressive views, I miss, lately, his absence in the recent threads. Sounds like he's too busy right now to mess with this stuff. That's a good thing, but not necessarily for the forum. Back and forth discussions with him can shed light and clarify issues and philosophies for those listening in.