View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
JackK
Not Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
I say be suspicious of everyone , including Paterno but don't settle on the easy target , a dead man who cannot speak on his own behalf , and let others, who may have been more directly responsible for the cover up , get off easy because of a scapegoat they very well may have set up to take the fall.
I partially agree with this. I'm just more amazed that so many people are sheep and just parrot what they hear on ESPN. Paterno was definitely at fault. Hugely, and unforgivably so. But can anyone here actually name off the top of their heads the PSU higher ups who were equally at fault with Paterno?

Beuller?

Spanier, Schultz, and Curley. But you don't hear that on ESPN, because they don't grab headlines. There's only one piece of hard information in the Freeh report (who here has actually looked at it) that comes from Paterno- and all that states is that he didn't think Sandusky could be the HC because he was too deeply involved in Second Mile (app. 3D). The rest is speculation and second hand info. Don't take this as me defending Paterno, I think it's pretty clear that he was completely involved- but the others were equally so, if not more. And now you have Spanier saying he was abused as a child, trying to garner sympathy? What a joke. He disgusts me.

And there's hardly any mention anymore of SANDUSKY himself, the actual person who committed the act.

Seems like this is a cliche situation of the public watching someone held in a "deified" status fall from grace. I just think it does an enormous disservice to the victims to ignore the other perpetrators of this crime, in addition to the monster who abused them.
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote