View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #37
Muskyslayer96

Hey Fellas,

Well I'm taking some time off work to spend with my new daughter and so I had some time to finish up the spooks I posted about back in March. Well here is an update. First off thanks to everyone who posted and helped out it was a great way for me to tweak and learn some important lessons on bait building. I hope it was useful to others as well.

Here are four i finished up with a little paint and e-tex..nothing fancy and there are some flaws in the clear-coat (something I'm usually super anal and sensitive about) but I just needed to make sure my building process with a minimum of 2 E-tex coats would not effect the action of these spooks.
Final specs:
5.5 inches
Built from basswood or cedar (did not affect action a great deal)
Final weight 1 1/4 to 1 13\8 oz depending on wood used
Rigged with 2/0 trebles

My first time using basswood and I'm not real fond of it, didn't seal very well and i had some issues with bubbles around the eye sockets. I have a plan for the future, but really liked the cedar and will use it as soon as i use up the basswood.
I love the way these run when worked and am very pleased.....So pleased that I started on some 8 inchers for muskies that have very similar action...HUGE thanks again for all the help I learned a lot about the process.
Oh one last thing the pearl/pink is one I made for my new beautiful little princess
Best,
MS

Muskyslayer96 is offline   Reply With Quote