View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
You must be living on another planet if you actually believe that !
He's probably correct but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not sure the % but I do believe a large share of welfare ultimately goes to children and disabled people.

-spence
I'd be curious how many of those children have 3-5 siblings and a parent that refuses to work. There is a massive career-welfare generation being bred and trained in this country.

With regards to the disabled, here's a list of just *some* of why my fiancee (a primary care PA) has encountered in the last few weeks:
- "Can you sign this paper that says I have bad anxiety and don't have to go to work?"
- "I need you to sign this paper that says I have depression and can't pay my bills" - From a person with a $10,000+ electrical bill. Apparently, MA lets you get out of them with a doctor's note.
- an early 20-something that receives a check twice a month because they have anxiety. This person will never contribute to society.
- Almost every week she has at least one or two people that need their "I'm disabled because I'm sad" letters signed so that they can stay on SSI or Medicaid.

The above is merely the tip of the iceberg of the garbage she sees. She regularly has patients in their 20s that are on "disability" due to some bs excuse like depression, anxiety, even ADD. It disgusts me every day.

And the above is only one practitioner out of thousands and thousands.... just thinking about it depresses me. (Oh, maybe I can get on welfare because of it.)