View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not sure the % but I do believe a large share of welfare ultimately goes to children and disabled people.

-spence
Duh!
But what % of those on welfare are TRULY in need, and not just sponging off the system?
How many of those "children" are the spawn of the founding members of the "welfare for life" club, where your kids are grandfathered into the system, as are their kids, and their kid's kids and so on and so on.....!!!!
How many of these kids are the unfortunate beneficiaries of poverty living conditions because mom and/or dad can't sat straight and sober to keep any job, but can see straight enough to cash a check and spend it on themselves.

If I had to throw out a number, I'd guess somewhere around 80% of the current welfare roster is riddled with fraudulent claims and abused assistance.

Exactly how should I feel when you see a "gimmee-girl" pulling out an EBT card or food stamps in the grocery line while sporting expensive clothes and jewelry? Or how about when they climb into their Escalade or Mercedes?

Once again, we need to abolish welfare and assist those that TRULY need the help, and tell the rest to go to hell!