View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Getting down to crunch time maybe we need a few new rules to go by before we kill each other. This is getting tough keeping this open and all we are doing is arguing party lines.

Is there anyway to do this circular argument in here any kinder, gentler, like?

The funny thing is I was watching HBO's John Adams and it looks eerily familiar - 'cept they were smarter than us.

What will it take to get civil discourse in here?
That is going to be no small feat John, anytime you allow open registrations and diverse highly opinionated opinions that challange will always be there.

One thing that comes to mind is putting some regulations and warning then ban system, i have used that on other forums and it was effective. You can add a % rating or star rating to tell whos naughty or nice.

We found that once you end up banning someone the other riff raft will follow, it maybe for a lower attendence for a bit but it should rebound.

One thing i have learned over the years is that you must own your own perception, in other words, i may bust on someone whos a close friend and someone may not know and they jump in to "defend" against the ebully. But there is nothing you can do about it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device