Thread: 2016
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, instead of insulting me and scurrying off, why not try to enlighten me?
That wasn't an insult, it was just an observation.

Also, I don't scurry.

Quote:
What is Rev Wright really about? I claim he is a deranged, racist, hate-peddler. The man said that the federal govt created the AIDS virus to exterminate blacks (news to Pres Bush, who is credited with saving the lives of more than 1 million AIDS vistims in Africa).

So, Spence...what is Black Liberation Theology really about? What is the true meaning that I am missing?
It's about black people believing they can be Christian, and how their faith can help them in the here and now vs the afterlife...that's what it's about. I believe Trinity is affiliated with the United Church of Christ which is as mainstream as Protestants get.

We've talked about this quite a bit, but you can't judge a man's entire life over a few sound bites you heard on FOX News. Yes, he has a few kooky beliefs, yes he's made controversial statements to provoke his parish to think, but you have little if any visibility to the other 99.9% of his time as minister or the works he's done to help guide his church and benefit the poor.

Do you think other ministers like Robertson or Falwell haven't been good spiritual advisers to some of their flock considering the terrible hate we've all heard them spew?

Besides, this entire topic is so 2008

-spence