View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
FishermanTim

They are adamant against letting gays in the scouts, but I wonder how adamant they are about letting pediphiles have constant access to young impressionable children? That's when they pull the "Don't ask, don't tell" crap!!!

I'm not saying it's that way everywhere, but then again how many gay children are there in the scouts? Surely they can tell just by looking that he is or isn't, right?

Now if a person is displaying attitude and personal traits that are detrimental and damaging to the troop and it's core values, then maybe that individual should be asked to leave, but to defer that stigma on all gay boys/men is just not logical. It almost sounds like the organization is saying that your sexual orientation is the most important factor in your life. I can only presume that you can be a lying, cheating, drug pushing drug user that bullies and assaults other children and be welcomed into the scouts with no questions asked.

But.....if you're gay and an honor student, a pillar of the neighborhood, an heroic award winning philanthropist who has been touted by civic leaders and peers alike, then you are SOL!!!

Sorry, but that's the picture that stories like this convey.